Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Time Capsule


This is a 'time capsule' of Superbowl Sunday. This was done for Kim Klassen's Beyond Layers class (guest prompt by Xanthe Berkeley). The Superbowl was in Indianapolis this year (I live just outside in a town called Zionsville). I am not really a sports fan . . . especially not football, but even so, it was exciting. I was proud of the city of Indianapolis to have been able to host this event and proud that Indy has gotten  rave reviews for the setup and the hosting. The weather was quite remarkable for the whole week leading up to the Superbowl . . . 50 to 60s everyday; unusual for February in Indiana.  The only day of rain was on the Saturday before the Superbowl, but I don't think that stopped anyone from having a good time.

Of course, we did not go to the game. In fact, we did not do much in downtown Indy. We went to the little celebration our town of Zionsville hosted in Lion's park, which included a strange synthetic 'ice' rink (honestly, it did not look fun, so we skipped that), a pretty cool blow up 'toboggan run' that the kids enjoyed and a video game trailer (that my son especially liked because we let him play Halo).

We watched the game on TV (actually on the computer hooked up to the TV since we do not have cable and for some reason the one network channel we do not get via our rabbit ear antenna (yes, hooked to our 42 inch plasma TV) is NBC--go figure. I am not sure why, but with the internet feed, they did not show the half time show. I missed Madonna. Well, I know I can just 'youtube' the halftime show now at anytime. I have yet to do that, but I will . . .and I'm looking forward to seeing it . . .  hey, I grew up with Madonna. I used to record myself singing 'Material Girl' into my cassette player/recorder to play back to myself (no-one else around of course!) so I could fantasize about being a famous pop singer.

beyondlayers

1 comment:

  1. I like how you used a different layout. As for half time...I was disappointed :)

    ReplyDelete