Friday, February 3, 2012


Kim Klassen gave us some story board templates to work with in Photoshop. I have not done this before but I think I could put these together forever and not ever get bored. The challenge for me is to pick just the right pictures (even going back a long time, if I can sort through them and figure out what old photos would look nice grouped together). That will continue to be a challenge.

I am not completely happy with this result, but I think it is an okay start and I can live with it. I could not figure out how to change the color of the bottom bar and I sort of wanted to stick with the 'theme' of just detached petals or flowers, but for now I did not have enough of them that I had taken and processed recently. I used this exercise for the purpose of working with the template and figuring out how to put these together. That part is fairly easy because of Kim's video tutorial.

I have yet to put together my time capsule storyboard, but I am looking forward to that . . . that is more of a challenge for me. I do tend to like these simple macros and I still have not grown as much as I want in photographing people or everyday moments that I might otherwise overlook. I am looking forward to giving that a go . . . even though I am playing a bit of catch up at this time with the course (already).

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful collage, I think you did a great job. These collages are addictive aren't they?! Look forward to seeing your time capsule. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your storyboard is lovely, I found it afun challenge too & I also had trouble with the colour of the bar at the bottom & removed it completely when I couldn't find how to change it. Have fun creating more & good luck with your time capsule x

    ReplyDelete