Sunday, February 26, 2012

Custom Brushes

For Kim Klassen's Beyond Layers class, day 12, she gave us some custom brushes to try out. I have never done this before. In fact, I had no clue what this was. I have seen people refer to 'brushes' for Photoshop before but I guess I thought it had something to do with airbrushing.

Her brushes are of inspirational quotes, beautifully designed, and can be saved as  Photoshop 'brush' files. These operate just like a rubber stamp and are very cool. I will have to learn how to make my own someday because they are awfully fun, but for now, I am quite content to use the ones she provided (or purchase more from her). This is a similar attitude I have with the textures. I am a little interested in creating my own, but I have so many right now to choose from that came from others and probably need to continue to focus on getting better at the actual photography in addition to post processing in Photoshop and understand all the ins and outs, rather than take on something new.

Here are a couple of my photos using Kim's custom brushes:



1 comment:

  1. Bonnie. Your photos are extraordinary. Soo beautiful.

    Sigh. xo

    ReplyDelete