Sunday, April 29, 2012

Do Something for Yourself (Day 26 in Beyond Layers)

I'm going backwards in the Beyond Layers course, I know, but I did actually do this assignment on time and just have not gotten around to posting anything about it.

I was pretty sure, though, that this would be another assignment I was not going to be able to do that weekend, if at all. I know there is wisdom to taking care of oneself first but I do tend to have that martyr mentality at times. Also the weekend this assignment came, it seemed like the idea to getting any time to myself was going to be impossible, but as it turned out, I took my daughter to a birthday party that I thought I was going to stay at along with her and found out that there was no reason to stay. I was far enough away from home that going back to get some of my weekend chores done was not going to be worth it. And luckily I had packed my camera 'just in case'. I ventured over to Flowing Well Park and went for my own little photo walk until it was time to pick up my daughter from the party.

It was a beautiful day: cool and sunny and I had a great time, alone in the woods with my camera and my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment