- Create more family time, including going on small day trips, having more family game nights, etc.
- Get together with friends more often.
- Volunteer more. Sign up to be a butterfly monitor as well as volunteer or chaperone in the schools at least one time this year.
- Work a little harder at being inspired and motivated in my day job. Get something big(ish) done this year that makes a difference.
- Read more. I make a lot of excuses that I do not have time to read these day. Stop making excuses.
- Display photography publicly. Stop being a chicken about this.
- Explore more--especially spots I think are familiar. Find what else there is to find.
- Find a photography project or collaboration and participate fully. (This one is a stretch so it is okay if I don't find anything to do right away).
- Get more organized--just slightly.
- Stop sweating the small stuff.
- Finish some online classes that I started (at the very least, look at all the material and take in what is interesting and useful for me).
- Go on at least one trip without my family (this will be a yearly goal because it is very refreshing and important).
- Submit photography (and writing) to publications (either online or print) . . . just see what happens. It's okay if I do not get anything accepted.
For my fourteenth item, I am listing my word for 2014. I have chosen a word and used it in a halfhearted way in the past, but I have to admit that even using the word halfheartedly yielded some results, so here is my word for 2014:
14. DARE . . . .