Thursday, May 31, 2012

Change (quote week, beyond layers)

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take." I love that. One way I need to change is to start taking more 'shots'. I have lived too safely--often afraid to go for something--to put myself out there--because I'm afraid of rejection. I tell myself I will not succeed anyway, so why try?

I had written about my photography goals a while back (based on another prompt from Kim), and I am going to take a shot at getting my work displayed locally.

Recently, a  colleague of mine at work wrote me an instant message that said 'your photography is mind blowing and beautiful'. I did not even know where she had seen it and she said she had ran across it on the Imagekind website where I had posted some items in the past. It turns out she is an artist (a painter) who also dabbles in photography. She said she is trying to get her work displayed in a local library, so I am thinking that the two of us could at least sit down and talk about how to go about that and support each other.

She showed me some of her paintings and they are beautiful. I am going to set up an appointment with her to show her some of the websites I have found inspirational (including, of course, Kim's) and just start that conversation about our 'other' life away from the corporate world of being artists (still that artist word is hard for me to say applies to me). Who knows, much may come from it or nothing as far as publicity but still, it is certain to be a new friendship, which is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment